Cloud Migration Info Page
Thank you for your interest in migrating to Windward System Five on Cloud. This is a big step for your business, so we've put together this page to answer some questions that you may have prior to committing to the migration.
When you are ready for more information and a quote from your Account Manager, please fill out the form below.
Why do businesses upgrade to Cloud?
There are a number of reasons that our clients move to the cloud, but here are a few of the most common reasons:
- Server aging/avoiding a large replacement cost
- Enable employees to securely work from home
- Ensure business continuity in times of crisis
- Data Security concerns/reduce exposure
- Reduce internal IT expenses
What's included in my subscription?All of the maintenance plan benefits that you currently receive plus:
- Cloud environment for each named user
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly backups of your data
- Windows System updates are automatically applied
- Antivirus and anti-malware protection for your data
- Artificial Intelligence to monitor for suspicious activity
- Multi-Factor Authentication
What should I expect during my migration?
Below is the typical path forward once migration to Windward System Five on Cloud has begun.
- No disruptions/things should be business as usual
- Update your current dataset to our latest release
- We create virtual desktops for your named users
- Test migration to your newly created environment
- Live migration and reconfiguration of hardware
What else is there to consider before your migration to System Five on Cloud?
A consistent internet connection is required for Windward System Five on Cloud. We recommend having a failover for your internet provider in the case of an outage. Your internet speed should allow for an average latency of less than 150ms to our servers connected to US West. Find your latency by clicking here.
While most hardware will work with Windward System Five on Cloud, all has not been tested. To be safe, stick to the S5OC Supported Hardware List.
Windward System Five on Cloud is a subscription service, so you'll need to remain current for the service to be continued. There's more info on this in the Windward System Five on Cloud Sales & Service Agreement that will be provided by your Account Manager.
We have applied best-in-class security to our cloud environment in order to protect your business data. This level of security is typically too expensive for the average small business to bear on its own.
Windward Intelligence helps you get better use of your System Five data and unlocks easy-to-read KPI's. This Sales Reporting Dashboard features Gross Margins, Supplier analysis, and Sales by Category, Salesperson, & Region.
Increase your user count easily, add modules as they become necessary, and safely enable work from home access without costly additions to your IT infrastructure.